Did you know today, October 1st, means there are only 90 days left in 2018? That means only 52 days until Thanksgiving and only 85 days until Christmas! What are you going to do with the rest of your year?
Studies have shown that it only takes 21 days to create a habit, so essentially by the end of the year you could have 3 different positive habits instilled into your daily life. You could start waking up an hour earlier to enjoy a cup of coffee in peace before work, wake up early and do 30 minutes of cardio, start reading a book before bed, or set up a daily cleaning schedule for your home. The sky is the limit as to which kind of habits you want to start, but all you have to do is start!
My goal for the rest of the year is to start reading more, specifically when I wake up earlier (that is also part of the goal – turn myself into a morning person). Here are a few that I recently purchased.
- Reality Check: The Irreverent Guide to Outsmarting, Outmanaging, and Outmarketing Your Competition by Kawasaki, Guy
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Holiday, Ryan
- Jack Canfield’s Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams by Canfield, Jack
- Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success by Hill, Napoleon
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Cardone, Grant
If you have read any of these books, please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! Make the rest of 2018 great, it will go by faster than ever. Make sure you take the time to write down a few goals, create a few positive habits to change, maybe even a negative one to break, and put all your effort into making your life better!
If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.